I love all things social media – Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest. I’m hooked on them and very involved. And so it surprised a lot of people to learn that I did not have a Facebook page.
Since starting She’s Sonic, it’s become even more obvious that I needed to open the book…Facebook that is.
So I’ve started a page for She’s Sonic. Please stop by and hit that little ‘Like’ button if you care to.
You can check it out here…
Mr Sonic and I are renovating, demolishing and extending our home in order to turn it into Our Dream Home.
We fell in love with our 1900 symmetrical villa, bought it and moved in on 16 September 2011…just 5 days after we got engaged. It must have been that post engagement glow because gradually, it became apparent just how much work we had set
Mr Sonic ourselves.
Mr Sonic had to rip up the hallway floorboards to file down the joyces to make them even. We have 5 main rooms that all require patching, plastering and painting. No big deal? It is when each room is approximately 4m x 4m and the ceiling height is 3.6m (or 12 feet in old school terms). We’ve also done the same to the hallway.
So what’s next?
In the next few weeks, the back of the house will be demolished. This means we lose our kitchen, bathroom and laundry.
I don’t even want to think about it. But what I do think about is all that we’ll gain:
- ensuite and walk-in-wardrobe for our bedroom
- main bathroom
- open plan kitchen / dining / lounge
- butler’s pantry
- outdoor entertaining area
- lap pool
And I’m turning to Pinterest for inspiration…
Have you survived a renovation? What are your tips?
Firstly, she shared a great tip. Whenever you are looking for inspiration, turn to Pinterest for 15 minutes and suddenly you’ll have new recipes to try, different outfit options to wear, motivational words to pick you up and even blog ideas to get you writing away.
The other reason? I love any kind of blog post that lets you get to know the author a little better. Could be the voyeur in me. I am a reality TV addict, after all…!!
Here is everything that I’m ‘currently…’
- Listening – reality TV in the background. I’ve got the day off work and am catching up on my fave TV shows in between blogging and loads of washing. Ahh it’s a glamorous life!!
- Eating – comfort food. Roast lamb and veggies. Soup and toasted sandwiches. Now that the cold weather has set in, that’s all I’m craving.
- Drinking – cups of tea in the day, Pinot Gris at night.
- Wearing – layers!! Leggings, long tops, cardis, blazers, boots. Love Winter fashion.
- Feeling – relaxed. The wonders of a couple of days off work!!
- Weather – wintery. Cold. Grey. Rainy.
- Wanting – a whole new Winter wardrobe…which so won’t be happening when there’s a renovation and a wedding to pay for!!
- Needing – our renovation and extension to be finished. Living in a part-finished house does my head in.
- Thinking – about everything that needs to be done for the house, the wedding, my blogs…
- Enjoying – taking a positive outlook on life and being grateful for all that I do have. Oh and Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in ‘Sweet Tart’!!
What’s going on in your life ‘currently…’?